Do you feel that all of the negative news that we hear on TV, radio, etc. is helping to shape our society. People won't help other people when they are in distress. People won't come forward because of fear of suspicion, retaliation, etc. We have become negative thinkers, expecting the worst from people. Many of our opinions about different groups of people could be formed by what we see in the news, especially if we have not been exposed to that culture or group before. What do you think? Do we need a more balanced new broadcast, i.e mixing good in with the bad?

I don't think that news coverage is necessarily the issue. I think that what is lacking is a basic literacy in media that many people lack. I think that what schools have taught kids is how to be critical of what they read but not necessarily of what they view. Seeing as how we get most of our information from TV and not from newspapers, I think it'd be helpful for people to learn how to analyze what they see on TV.