Two years ago I met a guy i had secretly have had a crush on for a while and when he asked me out I was delighted. We really got on had the same sense humour and we still do thoroughly enjoy time together. I went away for a few months and the relationship stayed very strong even though we werent long a couple. Lately however Ive been starting to worry. I come from a very strong sporting background and its one of the reasons that drew us together. However my family are very well known in the area for sport and this seems to either bother him or not bother him at all. I am very close to one my brothers and this is the one member of my family he has sort of dubbed as stupid. My brother can be very upfront about being the joker and being the smart funny one and my boyfriend who actually acts the same way on occasions takes his comments seriously and not lightly and doesnt like him as a result. He says that its me who has the problem though as I feel awkward when Im in the company of both. I see my brother trying so hard to be cool and funny and friendly and at the same time and my boyfriend showing little or no interest in engaging. When my boyfriend is in the company of his own family however he will sneer my brothers clothes, and behaviours etc etc , but never back to his face. I asked him to stop this if he wasnt going to sneer him back to his face and he asked "why am i the bad guy now when hes the one who embarrasses me"? He then said he would stop it but if i reported the story to anyone he would walk. That was kind of in temper.
He loves the fact that I play sport and regularly compliments me on how great am i, beautiful i am how lucky he is etc etc. We get on really well , just the two of us and I have to say I get along great with his family and he gets along great with he rest of mine. We often plan our future and want the same things in life. I agree that my brother can come across as forward sometimes but two years on he cant accept him for the way he is. I receive the same friendly banter with his family and I respond with humour and smart retaliation which can be fun. And he also joins in. I thought he felt theatened by him by my brother seems to be makin every effort now and nothings workin!
His last girlfriend was very demanding and didnt let him out much with his own friends which I now fully support. Everyone needs friends no matter how in love you are. But now it feels like when I do put down my foot like I did here when I asked him to stop the secret jeers its all drama and not worth even asking , despite it meaning alot to me.
I would almost say that everything else is close to perfect in our relationship. Help please!

were all different, with different opinions about things and other people, sometimes we like someone and sometimes we dont, and if we dont, its just the way it is, doesnt matter their our relatives, friends of friend, neighbour etc, so if your boyfriend doesnt like your brother, i dont think he will ;(