I’ve been struggling with being overweight since I was a child (I’m 32 now) and since most of my family is overweight as well it didn’t seem as such major problem back then. Of course I was called names in school, but there wasn’t much I could do about my weight back then. Now that I’m older, all the unhealthy food and excess of 30 pounds is starting to take it’s toll on my health. I’m pre-diabetic, with constant pain in my legs.

Those are the main reasons I’m thinking about talking to my doctor about prescribing me weight loss medication, but I’m not sure which one would work better for me Belviq or Qsymia?

I know that this will sound to you as a cliche, but the only way you'll effectively lose weight is by eating less calories and being more physically active. Even with weight loss pills like Belviq or Qsymia you need to do these two crucial things to get any meaningful results.

And the thing is, both these medications are controlled substances, affecting your brain and with potential to develop addiction, not to mention that you must be on birth control while using them because they are harmful in the early stages of pregnancy.