I have been using energy drinks for almost two years, partially because I practice martial arts as much as I can and partially because I want to be focused at the job. I never exaggerated, only one can a day, and it was like, three times a week, not more. But I am still worried. Are energy drinks dangerous for your liver?

Well, the main function of the liver is to process all the toxin materials that enter our organism and to excrete them. So, the liver is used to deal with that kind of materials that are usually taken via food. And sometimes the concentration of those substances in energy drinks is simply too much for the liver. It will refine it all, but will get a bit depleted.

In general, no. Energy drinks are not dangerous to your liver. The principle danger, if any, comes from the primary active ingredient, caffeine.