hi im 17 and i go to the gym regularly but i also smoke a good lot of weed
but my friend always says to me theres no point of going to the gym and smoking weed and its either one or the other
so im asking can i still smoke weed and go the gym ?

Well, things that should be avoided with smoking marijuana are, drinks that contain caffeine, fatty foods with allot of sugar, and excessive exercise. Physical Adverse Effects of Marijuana are: Dry mouth, Nausea, Headache, Tremor, Decreased coordination, Increased heart rate, Altered pulmonary status, Altered body temperature, Reduced muscle strength, Decreased cerebral blood flow, Increased food consumption. There are marijuana side effects that alter the brain also, but you already know that. These types of side effects are usually associated with brain disorders. So I guess you should avoid an excessive exercise or just stop smoking if possible. I hope this will help you. :-)

well i normally would go to the gym 4-5 times a week but should i stop smoking it all together or just have a spliff after the gym as i heard its suppose to relax your muscles :-)

i smoke some weed too, and i workout everyother day.. will smoking f**k up gaining muscle, or seeing results faster?? And does smokin marijuana stunt your growth? or muscles?

bois smoking a standard amount of weed and going gym will get you toned and help slim down unless you eat bare chickeeh

Whats up in 23 and graduated college with a exercise science major this is just my advise so dont sue me if im wrong. I have been smokin a couple times a week for the past 5 years and somehow have only gone to the gym twice afterwards. Both times i had a great lifting session and acually got on average 2-3 more reps then what i was expecting to get. I defintly felt more focused and it lasted a longer time then any preworkout drinks ive taken and trust me ive taken almost all of them. I dont know all the facts on how weed affects your body but one thing i know for sure is marijuana can raise your heart rate by itself 20-50 beats per minute. This is alot when an average resting heart rates between 65 and 75 beats per minute. So my advice is everyone is affected differently by different substances id say give it a try and see if it works. Also id stay away from any intense cardio since increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, and intense high running do not sound like a good combination.

I tend to have much better concentration if I smoke before lifting. I am more aware of my body and it's movement. I spent 2 years as a competitive weightlifter, and I was definitely stronger if I smoked first. I never got blazed, just a couple puffs before going in. Watch Pumping Iron with Arnold and Lyle Alsado. All they do is puff, drink coffee, eat roids, and lift. Not saying it's for everyone, but it works for me. It also helps that I am in a MMJ friendly state, and I have access to specific strains. I would never smoke an indica dominant before lifting. Best strains for me and the gym have been hazes (super silver haze, super lemon haze) sour diesel, and durban poison...nice heady sativas that actually improve motivation in a lot of people.

sometimes i smoke and then take 4 or 5 gym supplements including jack3d which is full of caffeine.. you can probably push about 70% of your full potential when you are not under the influence.also it speeds up your metabolism so you need to eat alot more to avoid loosing muscle.

Hell yes if anything going to the gym when you're high helps cuz ur tolerance to pain is greater so you get buffer.

Hi.

at the beginning I want say that my english is not so good so please excuse my mistakes.

I go to the gym 4-5x a week ( weightlifting - bench press, free weight squats, deadlfts etc) I also run, but not so often. My goal is to gain weight and get more strength. I workout about 3 years and there is progress :)

Ok, let's write something about cannabis. I smoke it, because I really like it, I love munchies etc. I HAVE NEVER smoke weed before workout but when I smoke at my apartment and trying to do some stretching, dumbells curls, bend overs etc weed makes it better and more afficient. For example I can focus way better, I am 10x more flexible and relaxed, I can see my muscles working :-D, and I think I have more power in me when I'm stoned/baked/high.  Like I wrote earlier, I have never smoke before gym (I don't wanna get DUI etc...) but I think weed can help, especially SATIVA it's more uplifting than Indica.

Yea wat if u do a great work out n smoke .5g just to relax my muscles or work out 6 days n 7 smoke realx

LOL, yeah, you should add some RedBull, I heard that you can push up probably about 85%!

which country are you in buddy.. here in india we dont get a lot options.. lol

No buddy only one thing u have to concentrate dont smoke marijuana before going to gym. After the gym had your food after that for relaxation u can smoke weed(if its virgin too good) dont use cigret and their tobacco