is running or doing any exercise for that matter a bad idea when it's wet and raining in terms of getting sick? i'm just getting over a pretty bad viral infection and scheduled a run for this evening but it's pouring rain and i'm worried about flaring up my sickness

I know the response in like 3 days late...running in the rain is awesome. However if you are just getting over a cold of virus than I would not run in the rain, in fact I would not run at all depending on how sick I was. It's your call. But fot me, I love running in the rain...especially when it't hot out, it's refreshing.

I agree, running in the rain is fine. Running when you are sick, is not!

For me it depends on how hard its raining. If its pouring down rain or lightening then i will not go. I tried to go when it was pouring down once and i ended up with some nasty blisters on my feet. Now if its slightly misting...i love it. Id rather it be slightly misting than dry believe it or not.

Ncage

The more rain, the better. It's a great psychological training too - get used to running in the worst of conditions. You'll be stronger in good weather and prepared in the event that it rains on race day. That being said, I'd avoid running in a cold rain if sick/recently recovering.

I'm not a fan of running in the rain. I'd much rather run in the dry heat. Especially a cold rain - it's the worst and that could lead to a catching a cold. I don't mind a light warm rain during the summer but not something that will get me completely soaked. I'm never excited when I go for a run and halfway through it starts raining.

I love running in the rain, very little weather has stopped me from running. I feel prepared for nearly any race day conditions. :) If you've been sick, your immune system might not be ready for a run in the rain. Hope you feel better.