I need some advice about bike training in the rain. What kind of gear is necessary? Yesterday when I was cycling, there was a heavy shower and I was soaking wet, while my shoes were completely soggy. I don’t have to mention that I was all covered in mud because I splashed myself while riding. I wouldn’t like that to happen again.

There’s nothing much to say about training in the rain. These things are basic. For example, buy a good waterproof jacket, but check if it’s made of a breathable fabric, because otherwise you’re going to sweat a lot. Then, install fenders on your bike in order to prevent those mud splashing incidents. Wear quality cycling shorts or tights if it’s cold. When it comes to shoes there’s nothing much you can do – they’re going to be wet and soggy. Another important thing is to wear something luminous in order to make sure you’re visible. Safety is of vital importance when riding in bad weather conditions. Bring a little can of lube because the chain should be cleaned and oiled regularly when it’s raining.