Yesterday while I was running there was a strong shower and I was soaking wet, not to mention splashed with mud. Since the rainy season has begun, I need a few tips about running in the rain. I don’t know if it requires a special preparation. Tell me something about equipment, clothes and running shoes that are used for running in such weather conditions. Thanks in advance.

Actually, there is no special preparation. The only precise thing I can tell you is a piece of advice about safety: since visibility is reduced during the rain, wear something fluorescent and bright colored, so that you can be seen by car drivers. As for your clothes, there’s nothing much you can do to stay dry. You can wear waterproof jacket and it’ll protect you to the certain extent. When it comes to footwear, unless you’re planning to run in Wellington boots, be aware that your feet will be wet. This also means that you’ll have to change your running shoes frequently. Another important thing is to wear something warm in order to prevent hypothermia and catching a cold.