I had bad luck to be diagnosed with viral dilated cardiomyopathy. I was also told the other day that I was in atrial bigeminy and monitored overnight. They said I need it in case they developed into atrial fibrillation. The atrial bigeminy lasted for 27 hours and then reverted to my abnormal norm. I learned a lot about my disease, but there is not so much that I know about atrial bigeminy, so I would like to hear what you could tell me.

I cannot tell you so much medical things about atrial bigeminy, but I have to share my experience with you, which was similar. When that happened to me, I was told that they preferred leaving me as the meds given to stop the bigeminies, which could have put me into heart failure. I could not stop asking which should be right medicines and is it true they could put me into heart failure. I was taking Synthroid, and I did not experience
any swelling, congestion or shortness of breath and I do take it easy. However, my Synthroid has been decreased in case it is suddenly acting as too much of a stimulant for my damaged heart muscle to handle. Then I found out they wanted to use another medicine to treat my abnormal heart rhythm, and that was beta-blocker. I realized later it is a class of medicines, that decreases heart rate, but it can also worsen heart failure. Atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure can be tricky to manage, especially with experience with atrial bigeminy. However, it is not that uncommon a situation for experienced cardiologists, but many of the medicines that treat atrial fibrillation do worsen heart failure.