Hello! I have a 2 year old son diagnosed with autism and also have 5 years old “normal daughter. I wonder if there is anything specific I should do in order to improve the relation between autism kid and his sibling. I don’t have any specific problem now but wonder what can I expect?

Yes that’s a good question for there’ll probably be occasions in which you’ll have to try to understand your elder child, also. She’s now 5 and is pretty much unaware of the special needs of her sibling, though she’ll probably notice some differences and will try to teach him to do things right. When she start going in school you might try to explain her that her siblings has special needs and needs extra care. She might have some negative thoughts and feelings about her siblings, but anyway this happens in “normal” sibling relationships, too. Probably the “worse” situation you’ll have trough her adolescence when she’ll explore the world outside the family and probably in some situation might feel embarrassment in front of her friends. But pretty soon afterwards she’ll start worry about the future of her sibling and may become very responsible toward him.