Hello, I am 27 years old, and I am 5 months pregnant. I would like to know what the role of ayurveda in pregnancy is. I know that baby's health depends of mom's health. I am doing my best to eat healthy and fell relaxed as much as I can. I am very interested in this so I appreciate some inputs in his subject.

As you already said fetus depends totally on mother for its nourishment, so according to Ayurveda the gradual development of the fetus growing is the most important time for the future welfare of that child's health. During the crucial stages of fetal development a woman needs to have a sound mind and be in good physical condition because everything she experiences, every feeling, whether its pleasurable one or negative one are unknowingly passed onto the unborn child. According to Ayurveda the pregnant mothers should seek out gentle leisure activities for relaxation and calmness so to impart stability to the unborn child and also to avoid situations that create anger and frustration, circumstances that provoke unnecessary stress and tension in the body and avoid habits, which are not beneficial for the health.

Especially if you don't eat for 2 days because someone or something has put emotional stress on you. If your not careful baby could end up being in distress when it is born or born prematurely.

My friend's baby is due the end of November 2008, and she has 2 children, 2 & 9. And the circumstances of trying to keep her marriage afloat isn't going to happen anytime soon.

So now she's looking at giving up the baby to someone who can emotionally care for him. I say it's a him and some else says it's a boy, but she doesn't know the sex of the baby yet. When she asked to find out the sex, he had his legs closed-what a little gentleman.