I have a friend who is very much into alternative healing and uses ayurveda products. I have had some health problems recently, and she keeps telling me that I should give ayurveda a try. I just went onto wikipedia to read a bit more about the principles of ayurveda, and they mention that ayurveda herbal products often have questionable amounts of heavy metals. Is this true? Is it at all safe to use ayurveda products?

I understand your concern! The same mercury and lead that people are often so concerned about when it comes to traditional medicine are also found in 20 per cent of ayurveda products, which is no small percentage in my view! We are not even talking about remedies which use heavy metals, which also happens in ayurveda. All things considered I feel better about sticking to scientifically proven and tested medication!