A woman says she had my baby, and I am looking for a bit of evidence before a dna test. We used a condom, but it broke. Baby was born on July 7, 2006...I believe that puts date of conception at Oct 15, 2005, given a normal gestation period...only one problem, I was in a different country on that date! Am I off the hook, or is it possible the term of pregnancy was extra long? Thanks a million in advance for your prompt response. worrieddaddy

you can't go by when the baby was born. Did you ask her what her expected due date was supposed to be? I would do that and see if that sheds anymroe light on the subject for you. If you are still unsure, look at it from a different point of view. Women are constantly accused of lying about who the dad is. While some women do this (which I'm sure we have all noticed end on on the maury show) please don't post blame to all women. More fathers deny being daddy's then women lie about the dad. Don't take this the wrong way, you have every right to be concerned. But that baby is innocent. That baby didn't ask to be born under these circumstances and if all it takes is a dna test to prove that you are or are not the father, don't you think you owe it to the baby? (even if you aren't the daddy) Just think about it that way and maybe that will help make things easier. And don't forget to ask about her acutal expected due date. Basically was she late or early in having the baby. I wish you the best with this delicate situation.

Hi :-) To answer your question...a normal pregnancy is between 38-42 weeks. Some women may have the baby early and some late. Example, my first was 6 days late, 2nd was 5 days late and my last was 1 wk early. It just all depends on when the baby wants to make itself known! Women can have different cycles and lengths of their cycles so like I said, there is really no way of knowing for sure unless she has told you what her cycle looks like IE, 5 days long every 28 days, etc. The only true way to find out if this baby is yours is to have a paternity test. This is the only sure fire way! Good luck to you! BTW, my son has the same Birthday..July 7th!
Jeannine