Hello! 

I have three cats and they’re all very picky when it comes to food. They would rather starve to death that eat some food I bought that they don’t like.  

And the thing is, I need to buy three different types because every one of them likes different brand.As if that wasn’t complicated enough, now they won’t even eat their food, they insist on me to give them canned food (which was never my first option, but they won’t eat dry food anymore).  

So can you tell me the names of some recommended brands of canned cat food? Thank you! 

The more posts of other pet owners I read, the more I realize how lucky I am to have my Missy. She is not at all picky. She will eat almost anything that I give her. One day it occurred to give her smashed potato. I wasn’t even expecting that she will eat it, but she did! Can you imagine that?

As for the canned cat food options, my sister buys PetGuard for her cat and she loves it. It’s one of the recommended brands, just like Stella & Chewy's. My cat, of course, loves them both and will eat the one that is closer to her at the moment.:)

I have a dog, but my mom has a cat, and she is not picky at all as well. I know that my mom is keep saying that she is happiest pet owner ever. Now, when I am reading all those posts, I can see why she is saying this :)

She tried a lot of different foods, but she told me that one is her favorite so far. Nature Variety Instinct. This is only wet canned food that she prefers, because it contains real meat, beef and liver, plus fruits and vegetables. It has a lot of proteins and omega fatty acids, that promote toned muscles and healthy skin. 

Hey. I have to say that this is a good choice. I was feeding my cat with this canned wet food, but lately she is refusing to eat wet canned food. I don’t want to insist. But, I know that water is really important nutrient, so I am trying to feed my cat with wet food once a week. My choice is wellness complete health cat food, it is natural and grain free. Ingredients are beef, chicken liver, chicken broth, carrots, sweet potatoes, natural chicken flavor, cranberries, blueberries, potassium chloride, taurine, etc. Pretty good, right? It is really healthy. You should try it. 

Hey. Try Evo turkey and chicken dry cat food. I am always for dry food, it is much better choice than wet food. This canned food was rated like the best dry cat food ever. It has that formula that has five stars, so I really think that I don’t need to explain why this one is the best. Evo uses real meats and meals to provide protein in their formula, and don’t worry, it is not that expensive at all. The main ingredients are turkey, chicken, chicken meat and herring meal. I don’t have a cat, but I was reading a lot about it and I do know a lot of people who use this food. 

Hey there. My cats are literally crazy about Tiki Cat Koolina Luau canned anc puka puka laua food. They are both with chicken and this food is something that I found recently. So, I said to myself – why not, let’s see how my cats are going to react. This canned food is grain free, and it is manufactured in a human food factory. It has very simple ingredients, easy on digestion. It is really good and I am sure that it is delicious, because I can see that my cats really love to eat it. I see some happiness when they eat it :)

Judging from my experience, majority of cats tend to be picky when you introduce them to canned food. When they finally made up their mind, you can continue to feed them chosen can food.

Purina One Smartblend is one of the favorite brands of my cats, esspecially their Classic Chicken Recipe Premium Pate. They are really enjoying it. And if they are happy, I am happy, as well.

They love chicken flavor of Purina’s food and, by my surprise, they didn’t need too much time to accept it. I don’t have an answer why is that, but it works for now. And bonus is that this food is full of necessary nutrients. 

Thank you so much. I read all of your posts and I’m a little embarrassed.  Even though I have three cats, I have literally never heard of these food brands. The majority of them is very popular, I googled them up and read a few things about them. I am so surprised I never noticed any of these brands. Is it possible that in the local pet shop where I buy my food there  is no ‘’ Tiki Cat Koolina Luau canned anc puka puka laua food’’?  I usually buy different brands and it’s hard for me to believe that some of  these brands were there and that I never noticed them.

Hello. I am new here. I just got a cat and she is very hard to handle. I tried to feed her according to barf, a friend told me that this is the healthiest diet for cats and dogs, but she refuses to eat raw food.
She doesn’t like raw meat, I tried different recipes and I spend a lot of time preparing food for her. But still nothing. So I decided to try canned food.

I read all of these suggestions, I don’t know which one of these brands to try. Which one is the healthiest, what do you think?

Hello, Ema.

All of these brands you saw here are tested in real life so you can go with either one. Like you already know, cats are usually very picky and that can lead to bad headaches for their owners. That’s why you need to introduce her variety of canned food and see what will work the best. When you find the right one, stick with it for a while and see the results.

I can suggest you to make some homemade recipes with that brand of food mixed with raw food which is excellent for your pet.

Keep us informed about your cat’s development.

Cheers!