Where do you find your inspiration and motivation for swimming? What was the thing that made you want to start training this sport? When I was younger I loved to watch Olympic Games and numerous other sports events and I remember having watched Ian Thorpe, a famous Australian swimmer, and I was so fascinated that I decided to start exercising. Unfortunately I’m a far cry from him, but still I like swimming and give my best while training.

Sometimes I lack motivation and I hardly make myself get out of the house and go to the swimming pool. I have this problem especially in the winter and when I have too much work to do. When something like that happens my motivation is the idea that if I miss my training I’ll put on weight and won’t be able to wear tight clothes and mini skirts. And it usually works. Since I’m only a recreational swimmer I don’t have a particular person that inspires me, but I really liked that German swimmer Franziska something. She is great. I don’t think she’s still active in swimming competitions. As you can see I’m not quite an avid swimmer, and I like swimming mostly for pleasure, and training is not my idea of a good time.