What is, in your opinion, ideal pool temperature for optimal swimming result? Do you like cooler or warmer water? I like water to be warm when I’m swimming for leisure and a bit colder when I’m training. When I say cooler I mean just little lower than average swimming temperature. What do you like? Is there some kind of rule for that?

I think there is a rule when it comes to competitions, because water needs to be one or two degrees lower than the one for regular pools. It’s because warm water relaxes muscles and makes you sleepy. That way the performance will not be good, and this cooler water is meant to keep swimmers alert and ready for the action. I think that training temperature is about 24 C and for casual swimming, it’s one or two degrees higher. Sometimes, especially in the winter I can’t say I’m happy about this temperature, but I get used to it easily, and don’t let the firs cool wave discourage you. Good luck.