Hi, I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis last week. I should get better by now, but I’m even worse. Now I have urethral burning too. What should I do?

It happened to me several times to have bacterial vaginosis with urethral burning. It is such an unpleasant feeling! I guess that it happens when untreated bacteria from vagina spreads to urethra. Bacterial vaginosis is an inflammation, which occurs in the vagina, and it is caused by an overgrowth of various bacteria (germs). A symptom that I had was a white vaginal discharge. Bacterial vaginosis means that there is imbalance of the normal bacteria in the vagina, which doctors call “a change in the bacterial flora of the vagina”. Beside bacteria spreading from vagina, urethral burning can be caused by urethritis, an inflammation of the urethra. In combination, these conditions are very unpleasant and have to be treated as soon as possible.