I have the same question as the other girl and i didnt see an answer to it....I keep getting bacterial vaginosis and then i treat it then I have intercourse w/ my one and only boyfriend and it comes back..Is there a reason why?? does he have it or is he maybe cheating on me and transmitting it to me?? PLEASE HELP before it ruins our relationship because Im assuming that he is cheating on me!! :-(

Maybe he should be tested and treated as well. he may of got the infection as well and tho you are all clear he just gives it right back to you.

I truly believe men can carry the infection, more reseach should to be done. My advise would be to have him treated the same time your being treated. He might give you attitude about being treated because men seem to think its a female problem only. If he does, use a comdom dont give oral sex or dump him. Oh and sometimes down below on a male can smell like fish as well that's how you know males can be effected by bacterial vaginosis.