My mother's nose has bled 5 times in barely 3 days, and I'm not talking little nose bleeds, I'm talking the full red bathroom counter and sink filled with red paper towels. We have tried cayenne which helped a great amount the first and second times, but took much longer the third, fourth and fifth times, not to mention it started burning her head. We tried the "roll up a tissue and put it under you lip" technique,but she said that did not work. We tried pinching the upper nose and the nostrils, and that did not do to much either. Is it time to see a doctor? 

( I heard that laying down or sitting is better then standing, and leaning forward is what you are supposed to do and not lean back, and thats all we know.)

Health Guru
Hi just to let you know you should never lay down with a bad nose bleed as you can choke on your own blood!
I use to suffer bad ones like that at times and I found crushed ice in a bag wrapped in a towel and held on the bridge of the nose worked for me as the cooking shrinks the blood vessels, but yes I would get her to have it checked out by the doctor :-)

Thanks blankcanvas002! glad to find out she shouldn't lay down!