You know that burning feeling you get when you're in a pool and get water up your nose? I have been getting that feeling on average 5-10 times a day for about a month now. It seem's to be worse and more common if I go from sitting or laying down to moving around but sometimes it's just random. I don't have any other issues, no congestion, no runny nose, not really any pain to the touch, just that frustrating burning feeling.

If there is someone out there who knows what I am experiencing and has found any relief whether it be from medicines or letting it run it's course I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Do you suffer from any seasonal allergies? The burning sensation could be related to allergies. You mentioned the symptoms worsen when you lay down, is this correct? If so, that is another reason to consider allergies. Not just seasonal allergies, but food allergies as well can cause this. When you lay down your nasal passages are flooded with junk that is sitting in there. You can also be experiencing a viral respiratory tract infections, in which case it is important to have a doctor check this out. They will look in your nose and check for inflammation, even do a swab, and be able to rule some things out for you.

Best of luck!

I have same feeling I have since I had sinus surgery last year and have had strep throat 10 times since surgery

I get the exact same sensation too. I don't have any allergies at the moment. It will come on randomly and my eyes will start watering up. The sensation lasts for about 30 seconds and I just have to let it happen and then it will disappear as if there was no sensation at all. I started getting it this year I think after I had a seasonal flu. I haven't bothered going to the doctor for it. I guess I'm hoping it'll just stop happening one day lol.

Allergies can hit you at any age, doesn't have to be something you've had all your life.

I had the flu and got that same feeling!

How long did it last

i have the exact same symptom, too! do you still get it? 'cause i see that you posted this 6 months ago

OMG I have the same thing... I didn't think I'd find so many with the same symptom. I'm definitely booking an appointment to see my GP. I'll let you all know what it was when/if I find out anything!

Me too I’m fonna try An get in Doctors did u manage to get sorted

Does anyone know how long this last?

Has anyone found out what this is?

I've had the same problem as well, burning feeling in the head like I've sniffed in water. I know i had sinusitis and earlier i used to have "water" dripping down my nose everyone i bent over and i used to have the feeling of sniffing in water then. I suppose it has something to do with the fluids in your sinuses during a sinusitis condition. My nose has not dripped for a long time now but the burning feeling comes on with every change of season from my observation. So it is an allergic condition and my allergy is change of climate i.e. humidity, temperature, air quality, etc

Correction
everyone i bent over = everytime i bent over

Is this still going on for you so many months later? If so, it could be very serious if you have any kind of drip coming out of your nostrils. I would see a doctor asap!