I am a diabetic that has been that way for 23 years.  I have been through a lot with this disease and I had been on many medications and insulins at one time or another.  I had been on Monotard for a long time before they took it off the market in 2007.  I am on another type of insulin, but I felt better on the Monotard. Is there any other basal insulin that works like Monotard that I can have so that I feel like I did when I was on the Monotard?  Has anyone been on Monotard and on another insulin that works just as good?  Let me know!

Have you given your insulin, Monotard, much of a chance?  I am thinking it shouldn’t be that much of a difference in the long-acting insulin, so maybe it is possibly another medication doing something to make you feel this way?  Is the dosage of your insulin the same as the Monotard dose?  I suppose it could be possible that the insulin would make you feel different if in some way the newer type is more effective.  I would think that it would work the same.  Has anyone else had a different experience from Monotard?  I have never been on insulin therapy so I don’t know how it would differ in how a person would feel. 

I used to be on Monotard and I was switched to Levemir. It has worked out well for me. If you are not on this insulin, maybe your doctor will let you switch and see how it goes for ya. I would definitely give it a try. I don’t take any medication in pill form. I don’t know if that makes much difference but I imagine if I did take pills, I would feel weird from them.