I very recently (2 wks ago) had a very bad break up from a 3 1/2 yr relationship-Marriage- kids dog n all. I suffer from depression and suicidal Idealations- I use to be on methadone for heroin addiction and i switched to Suboxone 2 yrs ago. I bought 6 bags of heroin to kill myself and did 3 thinking that may do the trick since I have been clean and sober for the last 5 yrs. It knocked me out but when I came through I no longer felt like killing myself. I have been shooting heroin now for a week straight and have been taking the Suboxone only sporadically. I just want to get on with my life, I also stopped taking my Wellbutrin because I got nerveous about the drug interactions.Can I just go back to taking my Suboxone and stop the heroin or am I going to be sick and going through withdrawals? Is there a process to follow like should I wean myself off the Heroin like I did with the Methadone or just go back to the Suboxone?

Hi latinatech, it sounds like you are going through a very tough time so let me give you some advice and hopefully you'll be able to get some help. I think that first and foremost that it would be a good idea to call a suicide hotlline--even though you're not depressed now--and talk to them about some options. On top of that, I think it would be a really good idea to make sure that you cut any dealers and heroin users out of your life so that you keep yourself from relapsing. And then I would recommend going to a treatment center or your doctor to make sure that what you are doing will be safe. I hope you realize I am not trying to be preachy or anything, just helpful. Please let me know how you are doing. Thank you!