I am 2 months pregnant and it barely shows. I have to say that I am very excited about it. My question is about belly rings. Is it safe to have belly ring during pregnancy, or even to get my belly pierced?

I imagine that you are a pretty young future mom, due to a fact that you are thinking about getting your belly pierced. But then again, maybe I am wrong. As you probably know, a lot of people ho have had their bellies pierced, have had troubles with infections. So, this is the main reason why you should think about waiting with the piercing. However, if you already have belly ring, keeping it during pregnancy is not a problem as long as it remains comfortable for everyday wear. But, if the ring you are wearing is stretching out the hole it causing you discomfort and tearing, I advise you to take it off. When or if the skin around the piercing begins to stretch, you should move to a thicker gauge belly ring. You can also remove it and simply get re-pierced what we recommend once you've had your baby. If for some reason your belly piercing becomes infected due to the stretching, you need to remove it immediately and consult your physician.