I was inspired by a friend who had the time and used it to deadlift a total of 10,000 pounds. So I benched 5,000 pounds this evening. I was surprised at how easily this is achieved and thought that I might do it all over again on brag about benching 10,000 pounds. However, by the time I got to the last set, i was feeling it and decided that for this attempt, 5,000 was enough.

4x8 @75lbs
5x8 @65lbs

Trick is to find a balance between a low enough weight to lift repeatedly, but high enough to keep the number of reps reasonable.

If you can bench 5,000 you can dead lift 10,000 easily.

FWIW - When my wife used to lift on a regular basis at the Y, their system tracked her at approx. 45,000 lbs. per session. The weight really adds up when you do weight x reps x sets.

Interesting when you add all the weight up reps*sets. Comes out to be a lot. At my last session, I was over 21,000 pounds.

Great job Steve.

wow thats a ton of weight get it ton...

wow thats a ton of weight get it ton...
Keep you day job

Okay, so if each running shoe is usually around 1/2 a pound and let's say it takes about 1000 strides for a mile... 10,000 pounds would be a 20 mile run. Hmmm, maybe there is something to barefoot running.