I have been on my diet for six weeks and it isn't a strict diet but more of a guideline to live by.
For breakfast all I eat is 3 scrambled eggs. Then lunch and supper grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing.
I find that you can spice up chicken with just about anything to make it taste good. I recently started using Mrs.Dash because it has a low sodium value that the other store bought spices don't have. I also eat grilled pork chops but I prefer the chicken. The diet is similar to the Adkins diet but not nearly as serious or strict. That combined with 3 hours of gym time helps dramatically. I go to 24 hour fitness gyms and work out every day for 3 hours. I may stay up to 5 or 6 hours if I go swimming. I realize that most people don't have the time to go to the gym 3 hours a day but even if you go for just an hour and a half you can do a lot of good and burn fat easily.
Moist people don't want to exercise and I used to be one of those people. However, at 365 pounds, chest pains and difficulty breathing and sleeping, I decided that exercising may not be all that bad after all. I found out that I was right. I would also encourage all men to have their testosterone levels checked to ensure that their levels are adequate enough to lose weight. I found out that mine was 35 and should of been 300 to 1200. Now I'm on a testosterone gel and it is working wonders. It gives me energy and stamina while bringing up my testosterone blood count slowly.
So far with my current lax diet and exercise program I have went from 350 pounds down to 334 pounds in just 6 weeks. Please keep in mind that I regiment wasn't strict as I feel if I couldn't have anything extra (like a candy bar or ice cream) that I would have fell off the wagon for good.

Basically I'm trying to let people know that diet and exercise at your own pace. You really have to want to weigh less to pull it off as it takes a lot of will power. You need to realize that if you fail the only person that you are letting down is you. You are the person who has to carry around all of that extra weight and not anyone else. You need to find motivation within. For me it was the fact that my back and feet hurt and I remember a time when they didn't. I remember a time when I could run, play and bend over to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath to do it because I can't breath in that position anymore due to my being fat. I want to be able to do the things I used to could do and people my age still get to enjoy doing because they aren't overweight like me.
I know that it is hard but every time you want to cheat rather it be a cupcake or a ho-ho, stop, close your eyes and think about what you are doing to yourself and what a set back it will be for you to have 5 or 10 seconds of satisfaction. If you really want help I would suggest carrying around a picture of yourself without a shirt on. I see on look at that and I no longer wonder why I haven't been to the lake in 10 years without a shirt on talking to the opposite sex.

In fact, one look at a picture without my shirt on motivates me to go to the gym and to work out a little longer.
My gym time consists of burning 300 calories on the tread mill. I don't run but walk at a fast pace and I use the incline feature in order to make the walk a cardio workout (setting it to 5.5 to 6.5) . If you don't get a cardio burn workout then it doesn't work very well and you are wasting your time walking as far as I'm concerned. I don't over do it and by watching the calorie meter instead of the distance I don't get so discouraged. In the end I can walk less than a mile and easily burn 300 calories.

I then use the weight machines but again I don't over do it. I lift whatever is comfortable. I use almost all of the machines and I lift anywhere from 30 to 80 pounds. I do 2 sets of 10 resting in between sets and then move on to the next machine.

After that I go to aquatics class at 6pm every other night, and on the nights there are no classes then I just do 1 or 2 laps. Sometimes I will do some of the exercises that I can remember that I did during class. Again, only 2 sets of 10 with a rest in between.

I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks and I plan on losing much more in the future. The reason why my weight loss is low is because of my testosterone level but as I bring it up I will burn more and more weight off. I'm at 334 pounds and my current goal is to get under 300 pounds. When that happens I will be celebrating with a steak dinner. After that my goal will be 250. Keep your goals small and that way you don't lose site of them and always remember that you are doing it for yourself first and foremost. If you fail you are only failing yourself and that you can always start over while trying to keep from making the same mistakes as you did the last time.
You may not lose 30 pounds in a month on my plan but you won't always have to go without the sweets or burn yourself out with a strict diet and exercise plan. Good luck to you.