I have been struggling with blackheads on my nose (on my nose and only on my nose, nowhere else on the skin) for years now, despite using facial masks roughly every week. They make my skin look dirty and uncared for even though I really try my best to have healthy looking skin. Basically, I hate my blackheads and I want them gone. I was hoping that someone here has already tried the nose blackheads removers out there, and can share their recommendations? I'm not interested in products that claim to work but don't. I really want those suckers gone.

Hiya. Course you wanna get rid of them nasty blackheads, hon. I get them too and they don't exactly look pretty, do they? I find they get much worse if I don't regularly exfoliate my skin, you know? So that's one thing to do, about twice a week, to keep that sebum and stuff from building up in your pores, clogging them and leading to blackheads. Neutrogena's blackhead eliminating daily scrub is a good one. 

Biore anti blackhead cleanser is a really good cleansing product you may wanna check out. 

Then there's some mechanical tools that vibrate and send those blackheads to some place where the sun don't shine. I don't know much about those, yeah, other than that they exist, but it's something you can look into. 

First off, blackheads have a few different causes and it might help you to try and identify what is causing yours.

* Hormones. Actually, this is a notorious problem for women in their twenties rather than teens, because estrogen levels drop.
* Stress. Acne isn't caused by stress, but stress does make it worse. Are you stressed?
* Unhealthy habits like smoking, not eating well, drinking too much alcohol, eating to much sugar, all these can make blackheads worse.
* Not looking after your skin. Sleeping without removing makeup, and using the wrong products for your skin, can make blackheads worse. Always look for non-comedonegenic cleansers and moisturizers.

Maybe there's something on this list that can help you prevent blackheads in the future. I like green tea masks for my skin, and perhaps you will too. This both prevents and helps cure blackheads, and closes the pores off. Make sure to exfoliate regularly as well. In addition, consider using a toner or pore filler to look better with makeup on. These things can really help.

And if those steps don't help? Consider seeing your doctor and asking for a Retin-A prescription, or use over the counter retinol instead. This helps fight acne and is pretty darn powerful, and helps with anti-aging as well.

Steaming your face over a bowl of very hot (not quite boiling, but as hot as you can tolerate) water with a towel over your head may sound simple, but it is a very effective treatment for blackheads. This allows the sebum that built up in your pores to move out, and if you do it regularly, it will really clear your skin. In addition, you could use baking soda on your blackheads. Simply mix just enough water to create a thick paste Then massage it into your problem area, so the nose, for a few minutes and wash off with water. Natural treatments are often more powerful than expensive commercial cosmetics.

Biore Pore Strips!!!

They are sticky strips that you apply to your nose with some pressure. When you pull them off after leaving them to rest on your nose for a good quarter of an hour, blackheads are removed along with the strips. I have not personally used them but know people who swear by them. I have seen a friend use them and tons of blackheads came out with the strip. 

One thing you do need to know is that the strips do cause microinjuries to the skin, like a band aid would. That is not something you would personally notice, nor dangerous, but it does mean you could nose use them along with Retin-A or any type of retinoid. 

Did you know that you can actually get little devices called blackhead extractors to get rid of those nasty blackheads? Here is the thing: though basically everyone will tell you that squeezing blackheads is a bad idea, we all do it. When we squeeze blackheads, we really irritate the skin and can leave it looking worse than it did with the blackhead in there. Blackhead removers are stainless steel sticks with little loops that you can press into individual pores without doing much damage. Best of all, they allow you to reach that awkward area between nose and the rest of the face! These devices can really revolutionize your skin care.

Hi

I have tried various types of pore strips or whatever they are called and let me tell you they do not make any difference whatever. Is getting rid of blackheads on the nose really even possible? Yes, when you have a facial at a salon then they go away and your face is refreshed and clean looking without blackheads. This is the only thing that I have found to help actually remove blackheads. The only thing that is not just a waste of money without results. Once I had a treatment with some glass thing that delivers little shocks to the skin. That was very good. No blackheads after. Forget what it is called now but your salon should know what it is.

Yes, you are quite right that professional facial treatments are, of course, the best solution for blackheads — but not everybody has time or cash for those. Even if you do have blackheads extracted professionally, it is rare to see them all go in one session. Repeat treatments are always necessary. As for the glass treatment with electricity you mention, I am quite curious what that is. I know about cooling domes but not electric ones.

The sole manner to permanently eliminate blackheads is to keep your pores free from sebum, dirt, and dead skin cells. You can effectively achieve this by using a product that contains either salicylic acid or glycolic acid, and that is because these acids dissolve the build-up of excretions that lead to blackheads, removing them at first and then keeping them from coming back. Women who have oily skin, acne, and blackheads fare best with salicylic acid, while those women who have blackheads but dry skin will do better with glycolic acid. When you start using a product with these acids, you may see improvement to your skin and noticeable reduction of blackheads between seven days and two weeks.

Celebrity

Hey,

Have you looked into removing blackheads naturally? You can use clay masks around once a week, to name an example, and they will naturally withdraw impurities from your skin over time. You can mix the masks very easily — you are aiming to create a thick paste. You then leave the mask on until it dries completely. 

You can also create your very own natural pore strips using milk (which has the famous lactic acid many people use for chemical peels) and honey (for the stickiness and antibacterial properties). Just buy gauze like you would use for a wound, mix up milk and honey into a thick sticky paste, soak the gauze in that, and apply it. 

Rosie

Hi. I'm a 30 year old woman and I have had blackheads pretty much all over my nose since my early teens. They are just a fact of life, actually. The worrying thing for me is that they have now started appearing on my cheeks as well, where I can't even squeeze them. And to my horror, I put on my foundation today and noticed that it didn't cover three blackheads, making them look much worse than they normally do. I have no idea what to do now. The weird thing is that I absolutely use facial masks, exfoliate, and generally use good skin care products. What could I be doing wrong??? Pore strips have not helped me at all in the past, by the way. Thanks.