so went shopping the other day and at the beauty counter the lady showed me this kind of mineral water to wash the face, basically only water with some minerals in it or something. what she said is you put this water on cotton and just to clean the face with it. no need to rinse out, no need to use separate makeup remover... make it sound very easy to use. but does it work? sounds impossible. anyone here with this mineral water to wash face? what you think of this beauty regime? worth giving a chance to this product or is a waste of time and lot of nonsense? please give opinions.

Ahhh... you mean micellar water!!! That stuff has become really popular lately. They're cleansing waters that don't have oil or soap and have micelle molecules floating around in them. Nope, don't bother to ask me what those actually are 'cause I got no clue. But, here's the deal. You apply that micellar water, and there's many, many on the market now, to a cotton pad and then start cleansing the skin. It's supposed to be able to remove makeup as well, but some don't apparently. That's why you gotta look for good reviewed before you buy anything. Anyways, once you're done, there's no need to rinse. So it is convenient and effortless, really. 

I haven't used micellar water yet, but I'm curious. I like La Roch-Posay products, so I had a look at their website for micellar water. I'm now confused. They say it isn't a toner, cleansing milk, or a face wash BUT it does remove makeup and cleanses the skin. OK, how is that not a cleanser? OK, not a milk or a wash but something like that. And others say it tones too. So what exactly is it? It's because I'm not sure that micellar water has a strange appeal :). The people at La Roche-Posay also say there are different types of micellar water for dry and oily skin.

Micellar water has many benefits:

• It removes most makeup very effectively.
  • It does not contain any ingredients that will dry the skin. 
  • It is suitable for people of all skin types.
  • It is surprisingly easy to use. No rinsing required. 
  • It will help keep blemishes at bay.

Micelles are tiny particles that cleanse the skin, actually. It might look like just water and is just as gentle as just water, but does a much better job not just as removing makeup and dirt from the skin but also getting excess sebum and oil off, if you have problems with that. Another plus is that micellar water does not have to be very expensive.

Always gotta trust you to come up with some good info, PINK! I actually saw a demonstration of Loreal Micellar Water at the mall the other week and I can tell you, I came this close to buying it but I was really looking for eyebrow growth serums so I didn't get it that day. Maybe I should? Actually, which one would you recommend? It's clear that you can get micellar waters ranging from pretty cheap to ridiculously expensive. I'm not sure whether the pricier ones are actually better or what else I should be looking out for? Anyways, if you can recommend some micellar water, that'd be great.

I don't use micellar water all the time, but it is great for when you are traveling or come home late at night. The reason being, you don't need to go through two steps (removing makeup and cleansing) but do two in one. All you need is a cotton pad and you're done. Micellar water is much easier on the skin than just those makeup removal wipes as well. It is good for sensitive skin, and that is just not true for those wipes. Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water is a good one that does not break the bank, so if you are interested in trying it out that is the one I would recommend starting with.

Alright then, just wanted to share that I've been at the mall today and ended up with Loreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water. Course I needed to try it out practically right away when I got home so I did. I gotta say, I was a little surprised at how little makeup actually ended up on the cotton wool for the foundation part of things, yeah? I'm not entirely sure that it cleaned the whole thing off. It did a good job on my eye makeup mind you, and my skin looked kinda looked after and tight after using it. Pretty cool stuff. 

Bioderma Sensibio H2O works very well for me. As for micelles, yes, they are essentially little particles of oil. They clean your skin very well and with very minimal effort. There is simply no other product out there that cleans your skin and removes your makeup as well, while also acting as a toner. Because not much rubbing is required, you are also far less likely to irritate your skin. It's not that I don't still have other products on hand as well, but I simply find myself reaching for my micellar water more and more often. It is that good. It really does need all my cleansing and makeup removal needs.

Am I the only person who just thought "mwah" about micellar water? I'm not going to name the brand I used because I know many people love it and it wouldn't be fair, but let's just say that it was "OK" at removing makeup and cleansing the skin, but nothing like a regular makeup remover and cleanser. It is low effort but also low result. I can see it coming in handy when you are on the road, at an airport or something and just want to freshen up quickly, but well, it did not really do all that much for me and I went back to my regular old routine very quickly.

This reply is actually very helpful and honest.

Micellar water seems to be rather the rage at the moment. I suspect that, in a few years if not sooner, it will be another thing that some people continue to use with pleasure but that most people will simply have forgotten about.

When it comes to facial cleansing, the most important thing is to experiment with different products until you get one that works really well for you and that you like, and then to just stick with that. All these hypes are about making us think we need to buy something else to look good. It isn't true, people. Soap and water works for some people. We can cleanse our skins without spending lots.