First time in this forum.

Last week I went for a colonoscopy purely for screening purposes as I am 50+ years. I am in good health and have not had symtoms of anything wrong that I would consider abnormal. No pain. Sometimes loose bowl movements. Not constipated and I never take laxitives.

Colonoscopy couldn't be completed. The Doc only got about halfway through and said I had a twisted colon.
He then ordered a "air contrast barium enema" test which sounds like something some torturer invented.
I don't want to have this test unless it is really necessary.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I had the same thing.  What was your result? Thanks!

I too have a twisted colon. I have had the barium enema and it is not a bad procedure at all. I suggest you have it.

I went thru the same thing 5 years ago ..... the drs. could not complete the colonoscopy because I was moaning too much and so they stopped teh procedure and said my colon was twisted. I then had a barium enema. This was the WORST PROCEDURE OF MY LIFE. I have endured epidurals, injections, knee replacement, hysterectomies, etc. and the BARIUM ENEMA I fear. Now I have blood in my stool and HAVE to have the Barium Enema. I am going to try and convince the gastro dr. to first rule out other reasons for the blood BEFORE SUBJECTING ME to this procedure. It was so awful. Maybe because of my twisted colon? Anyway, I am going to see if they will lightly sedate me or anything else because I KNOW I will be a BAD patient. Sorry for the news. But, you need to ask questions.

I HAVE IT TOO AND ON WED THERE DOING THE bERIUM ---DID YOU FIND ANYTHING ?

Same thing happened to me today. It is torture.

I am wondering if my colonoscopy caused my colon to twist at two spots. I had a colonoscopy at 40 due to my mom having colon cancer at 50. After I had it, i had issues going. It came to a head a few months later when my one corner of my colon folded on itself. I had to have emergency surgery and a foot and a half of colon removed. No bag thank God was needed.

In 2015 I had a colonoscopy which was not completed because of a tortuous colon. I also had the barium type which was also incomplete. I then had a virtual colonography and they found a cancerous tumor in the cecum. Dr. removed 15" from my colon and had chemo. That was in March 2016. Now they tried to see if they could do a regular colonoscopy and they failed again. Tomorrow I am scheduled to have a double balloon colonoscopy (they go in with a tube down your throat). I'm scare stiff. Hope all goes well.

I just went thru this same thing on Monday. She tried three different scopes. Ended up with a barium enema. Not great but it was pretty quick. Trust your Gi Dr. they know their stuff