Hello! I am trying to get pregnant, and I have been to a doc and I need to have a colonoscopy. He said I can’t have it if I am pregnant, it has to be before, so I have to wait with getting pregnant. I am worried about this colonoscopy stuff. Is there anybody who could share their stories or experiences with me? Thank you!!!!

Hi there! Yes, it is true about the pregnancy and colonoscopy. I was also told that even though I wasn’t trying to get pregnant. What I hated with colonoscopy was the preparations for it. That was exhausting, not the colonoscopy itself. Before having colonoscopy, a person has to clear out their colon. Preparations may take 1 to 2 days (mine was 2) days depending on which type of prep your doctor recommends. Yours can for example last just one night before the test. I had to stay at home all the time as I need the bathrooms more than frequently. The preparations caused loose, frequent stools and diarrhea all because I had to have colon empty. I was hungry being on this liquid diet. I just hope I won’t be able to do this ever again!!!!!