Hi, guys. My son is fat, but not in regular meaning of fat. He is morbidly fat. I really don’t know what to do with him. He likes to eat, but he cannot bend over to tie his shoes. He stopped running long time ago. He leaves the house less and less. Can anyone recommend me the best diet for ones who are morbidly obese?

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your son’s problem. You haven’t mentioned his weight, but I get the picture when you say “morbidly obese”. You cannot do this on your own. First, your son doesn’t have the will for a diet. You will need help from experts like psychiatrist or some support group. He is the one that must realize that he has a problem. After that, you should consult a nutritionist. Maybe you can consider surgery. There are options which involve stomach operations which gave results. Please, let me know what you decide.

My God, you are right. Even I am hiding for the truth. His obesity is indeed a disease which should be treated by a doctor. In his case, he will need a team of doctors. After reading your post, I talked to my husband and we agreed that we would seek for a professional help for our son. I will let you know the results.