Hello ladies!
I thought a discussion about what diet foods are the best for us ladies would be in order on this board! I read a very interesting theory in Cosmo that said that women need different foods than men to combat weight gain and keep the hormones in check. Have you hear of this? What do you think the best diet foods for women are?

I did read something like this recently, and I am in the sceptic's camp! I am sure that there are foods that are good for women, like during periods and other times that affect only women. But when it comes to weight loss, I think there is a universal formula for that. That is, as we all know, lowering your calorie intake.

Am I allowed to jump in here as a man, too? I am curious now. What foods are reported to be better for women? And why? The article you read, did that make any sense? Was there any proof brought forward that women need different foods to lose weight? Or was it one of those articles written just for the sake of it - a space filler, as it were?

I have researched some great diet foods for women. They are
• Extra-lean red meat
• Salmon
• Spinach
• Berries
• Wheat germ
• Tomato paste
• Nonfat yogurt
• Sweet potatoes
• Oranges
• Old-fashioned oatmeal
• Curry
• Ginger
• Black beans
• Tea
• Fresh herbs
• Dark chocolate

I invite every one to make their contribution to the list and make it long.