Only a few weeks back did I hear that there are, like, separate diet rules for men! What is that all about? I would appreciate any no-nonsense insights into this. What are the best diet foods for men and why? What makes men different to women when it comes to weight loss, and why?

If it is weight loss you want to achieve, I am sure that you need to do the same thing every woman trying to lose weight needs to do. When I met my boyfriend, he was extremely obese. Years of not cooking at all (he can't cook) and eating lots of fatty restaurant foods did that to him. Plus, his office job meant he sat at his desk all day and did no exercise at all. Now, he is eating healthy home made meals, that are low in calories each day, and he goes to the gym twice a week. He has lost most of his excess weight now. We have been together for nearly two years and I take most of the credit for his weight loss.

I don't buy into that. I looked diets for men up on the web, and sure enough, I got stupid, so called masculine advice about dieting. You are a ship and your foods are your fuel - that kind of rubbish. Of course men know what they need to do to lose weight. Eat less, for starters. There is nothing mysterious about it.