My chemist did not have test strips today.  I need to watch my sugars.  I have no test strips to use.  What do I do?

Did the pharmacist tell you when the test strips will be in?  Are you on insulin so that you need to take your blood sugar before giving yourself an injection?  If you need it sooner than your pharmacist can fill it, see about your doctor sending a script over to another pharmacist who can fill it quickly.  You shouldn't have to go without test strips for a long time.  Has anyone else have a situation where your pharmacist didn't have your test strips available?  What did you do?

Hi, Guest! So... the pharmacy had no strips at all? There are non-traditional types. Did you ask about that? Maybe ask someone to 'borrow' a few. Or talk to your doc about it. A bad solution would be to 'feel it out', and just kind of eat when you start feeling sugar-low. I guess you probably found a solution by now, so good for you. What'd you end up doing? Did you just go without? If you didn't find any kind of solution, good luck finding one. 

Did you ever get a hold of any test strips at all? I hope you will get some by the end of the day especially if you need them for any sliding scale insulin. You will need to keep an "eye" on your blood sugars by watching out for any hypoglycemic symptoms. If you feel disoriented or sweaty, anything that indicates hypoglycemia, eat a little of something and see if you feel any better. If you don't feel any better, eat a little of something again. You should stay on your diabetic meal plan as prescribed and hopefully, you will get by the day without any issues.