I am going in to have surgery on my left foot for bilateral and tailor bunions. The sergeon says I have Hammer Toes but that if they arent hurting me then I shouldnt operate on them. My questions are, If I get the surgery done for the bunions, and I dont get the Hammer Toes corrected, wouldnt it be pain ful for me at the end? She states I have flexable hammer toes. Also, How long will it take me to recover. I start school one week after I have the surgery, I made it so that all my classes are in one building. Can any one please give me thier advice and tell me how long the recover was. How painful you were after surgery, and how long it took you to recover. I am SO SCARED! I have to children under the age of 7 at home and feel nervous. My husband is being really supportive but I am SCARED! Please some one who has had this done, give me your experience.

I have not had this done, but I can tell you that the hammertoes question is something you should ask your doctor about. Depending on the severity, it can be painful at the end so you should be sure to clarify that. The surgery usually takes about a month to six weeks to recover from only because you usually use your feet a lot. I hope that this helps! Can you let me know how it goes for you?