hi im 22 years old and im suffering form hammertoes and bunions on both feet. my hammertoes are only in the second and third foot and may not be that bad as other people but im suffering from flat feet which makes my situation more dificult. i like to know is this operation very painful will i be able to to recover after 3 weeks. also i beleive i dont need pins to be but in my feet my doctor told me and i beleive im getting a arthplasty the most common surgery and just need the bone chizzled or cut down a lttle im just very worried that im a be in very serious pain where i wont be able to walk for a long time. if any one had this done can u respond thank u i appreciate it

I hardly experienced any pain with the bunion/hammertoe thing. I too have REALLY flat feet, so flat they are embarrassing to look at in an x-ray. Anyway, I did not experience a lot of pain, but the hammertoe had to have a pin put in it to straighten it (for 4 weeks!) which is really, really annoying. I can't wait to get it out (this Friday).

And my foot feels SO much better already. In my experience-- TOTALLY WORTH IT.

HelLo well I had horrible mallet toes on both my feet. and finally went under surgery in December 2010 and first had the left foot

and a week later the right, i had a k wire for a month and then removed them(under anesthetic) and it has been a long recovery. It all depends on you

how comfortable you feel walking, I have reallyyy wide feet so im still struggling to find shoes that fit. My toes look better but still pretty scar up :(