Hi all,
I am due to get surgery on my left foot in August. I have bilateral and tailor bunions. How long is the recovery? Also the surgeon said I have flexible HammerToes, and she doesnt feel the need to operate on them if they are not hurting me. She said it my toes could be like this due to me having the bunions. Do you all think I should get the HammerToes fixed as well on the same day that I am getting the surgery for the bunions? I would like for any ones experience on how long the recovery was after bunion surgery. and any advice will be appriciated.

Hi there, foot surgery usually has a longer recovery time just because you have to use your feet for so much. I think that the normal time is around a month to two months for whatever it is that you're getting surgery for. Do you thikn you're going to get your hammer toes fixed? Let me know how you're doing! Thanks.

hello, I am recovering bunionectomy and hammertoes surgery. this is my 4th week. the surgery went very well. however I had pain for the first three days. was sent home with pain pills. I stayed home for 5 days. doctor said take 3 days from work, so i stayed in the weekend. i've gotten my stiches out and trying to exercise my toes. (doing pretty good). I have some sharp pain ever now and then and the swelling is aweful. but the doctor said there will be swelling for a while. I'm going to try and ware sneakers next week.