Hi, I would like some advice from you if possible. My wife just delivered a beautiful baby boy. It happened two days ago and both her and our son are ok. Still, there is this matter of several birthmarks' on the boy. They are located on his right thigh. They are dark red and several millimeters wide. Nothing to worry about, doctors said, yet I want to be sure that we do not need any extra tests done or something like that.

I assume that doctors already examined the birthmarks so you do not have to worry. We are probably talking about vascular type of birthmark, made because of accumulated blood vessels under certain areas of skin surface. Stork bites, angel kisses, salmon patches and vascular stains are the most common birthmarks that occur. However, if you were told not to worry about it, then do not.