I just had an abortion at almost 16 weeks due to medical reason ten days ago.  I ran into a depression and have to take anti depression pills for the next 3 months.   I had 4 miscarriages in the past.  The doctor found out that my progesterone level was low so he put me on Progesterone immediately when I got pregnant the fifth time.  A beautiful was born at 38w5d.   Almost eight years later, I got pregnant with the second daughter and she was born very healthy, too.   A year later I got pregnant again.  My family was extremely happy for me.  I took progesterone just like the other two times, but I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy.  Seven months later, I got pregnant again and you all could not believe how happy I was.  I was dreaming of the day I could hold my baby in my arm and say "hello angel!".   The doctor found out the baby had genetic disorder.  I decided to end the pregnancy. Sometimes I denied that all what happened to me was not real, it was a nightmare and when I wake up I still have my baby rolling in my belly.
Anyone out there has a successful pregnancy after a second trimester abortion?   I am scare that with an abortion in the late stage, I will not be able have a full term pregnancy next time.   I miss my baby badly, I remember her tiny toes and I miss her rolling around when I saw her on ultrasounds.  I miss her.  I miss her.  God I miss her!   My eyes are hurt because of crying.  I cannot help but I cannot sleep and I keep crying every time I think back.

I'm sorry for your loss, but there is hope.  Actually, my sister, had to have an abortion in her 2nd trimester due to medical reasons.  Her baby was absorbing all of the amniotic fluid and she was told if she tried to carry the baby to term it would kill her.  She, too, had it done at around 16 weeks.  She would have had it done a few weeks earlier, but we lived in the area that Katrina hit, so it had to be postponed as there was no electricity.  The hospitals were running on generators and they were full of trauma victims.  She was very distraught and worried about becoming pregnant again.  A little over a year later she decided she was ready to try again.  She became pregnant with no trouble at all & delivered a healthy baby boy 9 mo later. 

Thank you for your reply. Your post of encouragement gives my hope up. My husband volunteered to go to to help when Katrina hit and he was one of the first military doctors who arrived to Biloxi.

Glad I could help :) Oh wow! That's very close to me, I know everyone deeply appreciated everybody that came to help, it was truely a horrible time.