I have a three and a half year old boy. Recently i have noticed him palaying and pulling on his privat part and getting an erection, however my concern is that now he has started to rub things against it eg: teddy bears. I am quiet concerned and i also have a one yeard old girl and i dont know if that is something i should be worried about.

I would really appreaciate some advice..

What your son is doing is normal. He has discovered something, and when he touches himself, it feels good to him. Distract him as often as you can. Don't punish him, just direct his attention else where. He has no idea what is going on with him, and as you have found out, little boys can and will play with themselves and they will get a little hard on.
Don't worry, just watch him and move his attention from himself as often as you can without making a big deal about it.
I have 2 sons and this happened all the time. I also have 3 daughters and it happened with them as well. It stops eventually.

Health Advisor
My son started playing (more like pulling and twisting) with his penis and testicles when he was younger than one.
Although annoying, there is nothing wrong with it.

It may be embarrassing if he starts doing it in public. The problem is that they are not reasonable yet to understand that they should not be doing it in public.

bbfeet is right, try distracting him without making him feel guilty for what he is doing. It's an unhealthy attitude.

yes,i totally agree....i am a 27 yr old mom of 5,yoga and meditation teacher and lactation consultant...and am bf ,and 4 of my 5 are boys....i am from Denmark...and our fam Has no body hang-ups ad many in USA and UK......we usually are nude in the home.......and on our large country farm and ranch. working in the garden close to Mother Nature......we see the 4 boys with erections all the time.......very natural,and normal.........kids in a good home where they are allowed....do not have as many anxieties....it is when they feel that their body parts must be hidden , that shame and guilt ensue.No public here.

this is the Mom......so many in society do not understand that kids just naturally like to be naked and also the body is full of nerves that are designed to FEEL......i never force my kids to wear cloths in our home and on our secluded farm......moms every where should realize that erections are natural ,and many times while breastfeeding there will be an erection........all the nerves are connected......feeling GOOD is a crime only in the minds of persons that entertain Victorian -type thinking....and THIS causes great harm to the innocent child's psyche. ........a child may obsess on the genitals when there is ....condemnation,negative feedback ( where there should be instead,.....sensitivity .love ,affection,empathy and understanding.)

yes heidi...you seem very intelligent mom,non judgemental....what are the ages of your kids?....as you can tell bu my posts ,we have a very free family style....the kids may play and run naked all over our mt. farm...work in our organic garden,play sports,etc.there are erections all the time..that is natural,all the body is beautiful,and no parts are bad,or nasty...i feel that children should have the respect to be feel to sleep nude,and be nude in the privacy of the home....most kids just naturally love to be naked....just love them ,and give lots of affection9 hugs,kisses,they like their bare feet kissed on occasion,,,,and tell them that their bodies are beautiful and accepted.that will make the feel happy and secure,and appreciated.

honestly don't you get grossed out that they could be thinking like that towards your daughter or you? Or themselves

New Hope

When my bro and me were toddlers we got stiffies all the time. No big deal.