hello! I am 36 year-old female and I have developed a strange rash on my neck. There was just this one patch first but a few days later a couple of more showed up. They are red and scaly. I went to see a doc especially because of these new that showed up and she told me I have developed pitaryasis rosea. They don’t itch and I don’t have any additional problems, it’s just that they’re nuisance. She didn’t prescribe any treatment saying that the patches will go away on their own. I am interested in how long it will take them to clear up and if I will be left with scars. Thank you

Hi there! I also have pityriasis rosea. My doc told me that the rash should start to fade after 2-4 weeks and be gone by 6-14. There should be any scars or marks once they are gone. However, people with dark skin tend to develop some brown spots. My doc said I shouldn’t worry considering I am British pale. I have been given corticosteroid to get rid of both the itching and rash.

Hi, I was just recently diagnosed with pitaryasis rosea, it was just a little bump on my neck that itched, after a few days there were several patches on my neck and eventually they spread all over my body. I have them on my neck, back, legs, buttocks and arms. My doctor told me to try Benadryl for the itching and she said the patches will probably last for 2 to 3 months. The Benadryl is not really working, it just makes me sleepy. Does anyone know if there is something else I can try for the itching?

I just wanted everyone to know that i have had pitaryasis rosea for 2 years and it just starting to fade. This is the second time i have had it the first time i had it for 6 months and got fid of it by going tanning. This time nothing has worked. I have been to many doctors and they all just stare at me and say well I have never heard of anyone having it more than once and it should be gone by now. Dont botter with skin test beacuse they only show what you already know.I hope no one has it as bad as I have.

I have had pityriasis rosea for about a year. My doctor said that it should be gone in a couple of months, but it has settled into 3 spots that will not go away. He had prescribed a topical steroid which has little to no effect. I do believe a second opinion is in my near future.