I have been taking birth control for about a year now. I take the pill everyday at the same time. Last month I got my period on time but then I got it again at the end of the month. This month I was suppose to get it on the 11th but it hasn't come yet and it's already 8 days late. Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced lower abdominal pain, cramping, soreness when I press down on the area of my waist line, feeling bloated, gas, and nausea. I've noticed that these symptoms mainly occur at night time. What do you think it is... please help!!! %-)

ive had this problem recently too...

My boyfriend and I have regular sex, my period is late a whole week but I have abdominal pain could it be that I'm pregnant? :-D

hi, i'd suggest you all see a doctor - especially if you think you may be pregnant! Get tested.
Even though the pill comes with a guarantee, there may be a tiny possibillity- for some reason- a user becoming pregnant (i don't wish to scare anyone, its a very rare occurrence)
Also too, the pill can cause stomach upsets or the feeling of nausea, even if you've used it many times before and haven't had any problems with it.

Another factor you should look at is Stress - have things been happening in your life that are putting pressure on you or your family life, or things you're not happy with at the moment? The stomach is a sensitive thing!

One last thing, check your diet. Eating sporadically or eating lots of junk food can take its toll. Eat well, excersise right and love your body.

All the best.

I haven't had a period since February. I went to the doctor and have ahd 2 pregnancy tests done and both negative. I have been cramping for about a month, have lower back pain, have gained 20 lbs in the past 2 months, and have headaches off and on. I am Don't know what else to do. I was told to wait until I start to take birth control. I don't know if I should go a head and take it or wait some more. I was stressed before the last period but wasn't around the time I was supposed to in March. Any advice?

i have the same problem like you..

i need to know what caused the pain..

and pls tell me what happened to you..

did you get pregnant?

Yea the same thing has been going on with me. I keep on taking tests and getting a negative. Bloated belly and it hurts sometimes too. But I know that I already have irregular periods so I'm stuck! I get frequent headaches too. Damn! I wish it was cheaper to really find out!

perhaps try getting tested for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) it invloves a blood test or 2 and a scan. Hope i Helped :-)

i've had some of the same symptoms and i've been taking birth control too. I've read in a lot of places that the symptoms correspond to ovarian cysts; my doctor thought I may have a hernia. I've also read about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease that has similar symptoms. I'm getting a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow to see what it is, I will let you know!

I am having these symptoms plus some - nausea,headache for over a week now, frequent urination, swolen breasts(they were tingly for 2 weeks but that recently diminished), achiness around my left lower back area and lower abdomen, spotting 4 days before my period and then a VERY light irradic period and then mucousy brown discharge (only when I wipe)with no smell, exhaustion, dizziness and SEVERE mood swings. I've taken 5 pregnancy tests - obviosuly all negative or I wouldn't be posting. I have 3 kids already and although we weren't trying for our 4th yet we had unprotected sex...we'd be elated with the surprise. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? I've heard PID & yeast infection but don't both of those come with foul smelling discharge? I dont' have that. I go to the doctor tomorrow - would love to hear encouraging words while I wait!

like the 2nd last user i've looked into different causes of the cramping and bloated feeling that i've been having for the past 3 months...it also hurts when he enters
My doctor has put me an a pill in case it is a hernia, but really just making sure that garlic and onions are stricken from my diet has been the biggest help - it has limited the bloating significantly.
I still would be interested in hearing back on weither someone else has found any solutions particularly for the dizziness and headaches

I too have been experiencing all of the same symptoms... how frustrating it is. Balloted, cramping, missing periods, swollen breasts, weight gain, headaches and extreme fatigue...but NOT pregnant!!
So not fun.
The only advice I can offer is just keep with the doctors and get to the bottom of it. It stresses me out and adds to the mood swings, but it is so important to keep it all in perspective and keep your mind right!!!!
;-)

I am on the same boat; bloated, later period, tender breasts, lower back pain, etc... I actually did get a pregnancy test but it came back negative, and to those of you that are wondering if you could be pregnant even if you had a negative test result, IT IS INDEED POSSIBLE! My first pregnancy I took 10ths of tests and all were negative, my first positive was when I was almost 5 months pregnant!

I think you should request an ultrasound, and if you really believe you are pregnant don't take no for an answer!

Take Care

I had the same thing recently, the dr told me it was polycystic ovary syndrome, caused by low levels of female hormones, or higher than normal levels of testosterone. The birth control pills will give u the female hormones u need in order to start getting ur period again.