I tried pine nuts for the first time three days ago and loved them but not this horrible bitter taste days later. Did not know it was connected unitl I read you guys posts. Good to know so I won't worry something is really wrong.

Had the same problem for 3 days. Ate pine nuts (among others) prior to this! Would have never associated the two! Cheers.

I ate a lot of pine nuts for the first time last week.
How long does the bad taste last I have had it for 5 days now.

This is nuts! I got a batch of pine nuts on special offer from Julian Greaves in Southampton General hospital and cooked with them for several friends! Now, 3 days later, everything tastes Yuk! Has anyone else in Southampton had this?

I made the above cheese sauce for chicken as I have before, served with pine nuts on top. I got this idea from a restaraunt.

Well, my body went into severe cramping, and my back hurt, not to forget my throat felt like a sore throat came on and my ear canals hurt too.

I complained thinking I was going into a sore throat, or having a heart attack (I heard symptoms for a woman are different).

Suddenly, I could not sit at the table and got into bed. It was about an hour later and I vomitted mostly cheese and pine nuts.

I slowly recovered and my husband thought I caught some type of food poisoning. I made the same cheese sauce for h im ONLY difference was I
finished off the old pine nuts I had for about 6 months and I bought a fresh bag to have extra.

My husband got the new fresh ones. I ate the older ones.

Can Pine Nuts become toxic?

Very interesting. I too have had the bitter taste for the last 2 days after eating pine nuts. They were also from Julian Graves, on special offer, the baby pine nuts. Is there a pattern here? Could it be a chemical on the pine nuts?

Regards

Markv

:-D Thank you so much for the postings. I was so worried. I've had that bad taste in my mouth for the last two days and was started to freak out .and just called my dentist to make an appointment. I'm so happy I went online to do a bit of research and Eureka!! I found this site. I ate lots of pine nuts this week for the first time in my life. and now I know this is the cause. Thank you again for the info. :-)

This is so weird and random.. I started getting this bitter taste thing (only after I eat- anything! ugh) yesterday but I havent had pinenuts in a few days, could it lag that much? When will this go away? Anyone find anything else about it on the net?

I bought 2 packets of mixed seeds containing pine nuts from Julian Greaves a couple of weeks ago, my husband first started with a metallic taste which lasted 2 days and then I have had a really foul metallic /bitter taste in my mouth after eating for the past week. What has made it really bad is that we have been on holiday and it has really spoilt it. I have been snacking on the seeds most days, I have stoppeed now (2 days)and the taste has lessened, but not gone away yet.
I think I am going to contact Julian Graeves, as if nothing else it has been a really worrying time and this product should be investigated

I am experiencing the same problem after eating some old pine nuts I found in the refrig. It has been 3 days now and the bitter taste seems to be getting worse!

HI,
I TOO HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH A BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH SINCE EATING OLD PINE NUTS. (ALTHOUGH THEY DID HAVE A BEST BEFORE DATE OF DEC 07.)
Whilst looking into this, i have come to the conclusion that this has caused some sort of poisoning that has affected my liver(hence bitter taste). I'm not sure how true this is, but i'm going to be drinking loads of water and also going to the dr. will let you know the out come.

I bought some Pinenuts from Tesco and eat them in the car. This week on Monday I woke up suddenly with the bitter taste in my mouth and didn't know what it was, now it seems apparent that Pinenuts cause this. How strange!
Thanks
Richard

I have also experienced this - I bought some pine nuts form Tesco to eat in the car last week and I woke up with the bad taste in my mouth which I have never had before in my life!
Thanks
Rich

Thank god we found this post, because my husband had the bitter taster after eating for the past two days, and my mind went from Heart Attack to Diabetes. We had pine nuts in a pasta dish 3 days ago. Wow!!!!!!

I have had this bitter taste for the last two days, but I have not had any pine nuts lateley, However, I have been eating Walnuts in the past two days. I wonder if this is related.