What kind of Dr. (Specialist) did you see to diagnose the problem?

Thank you that information!!!:-) I am over 50 and I am an afro-american. Sometimes we read these things and freak out! I am very healthy and was wondering if there was simple explaination for these lines. My daughter told me that she thought they were from my getting older. Its good to know that someone else has this understanding as well.

Could not those black lines indicate nail melanoma -- which can be "cured" by AMPUTATION -- and if not "cured" can result in death, as is the result of any type of melanoma! PROBLEM: Find a doctor who knows how to diagnose the symptom -- because too many of them may not even consider the possibility of anything as serious as a melanoma (i.e., this being the situation in which I find myself!!!)

I also have the blackish lines and they,re causing me pain now going yo see dermatologist . I think it maybe some kind of skin cancer

I have a granddaughter than is 9 years of age and has a thumbnail with black lines underneath the nail since she was 3 years of ages. What's the cause and is there corrective action?

This is not full accurate data!

I had them for years. I asked my doctor, he didn't know. I thought I had injured my nail some how. Surprisingly enough, when I started only taking half of my multivitamin instead of the entire multivitamin and eating lots of red beans with olive oil, they went away. I believe eating the beans with olive oil had something to do with the lines going away.

Seriously, ya it may be nothing to worry about but this can be a symptom of cancer, less minor but still major systemic fungus or other serious ailments. Some doctors won't even look or consider this to be a concern until it's too late. You can use a natural remedy that will help of 2 tsps daily of raw organic apple cider vinegar (use braggs) in highly alkaline purified water (drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day no soda or store bought juice etc. dehydration is a major cause of many conditions), reduce your carbohydrate intake, GREEN black walnut hull freeze dry capsules (find a reliable source not the first cheap place you find, may have to order online), an all or mostly organic diet of mostly vegetables with some fruit and meat, a good workout routine that is helping relieve stress, stretch the body and build muscle, weight loss if needed, did I mention relieving stress bc it's not optional if you want to get healthy, getting massages and doing saunas, foot and bath detoxes (vinegar-braggs, baking soda, epsom salts, essential oils, herbs, 3% peroxide BUT NOT MIXED WITH VINEGAR), taking coconut oil into the body and eliminating all vegetable or canola oil or sprays, detoxing your body through manageable water or juice or smoothie fasting and regular diet consisting of lots of raw and steamed vegetables no breading and frying, adding turmeric to your food, using essential oils, drinking organic caffeine free teas from reliable brands, putting way way too many herbs in your food, breathing exercises (look online for different ones for whatever issue you're having and you will find which ones help you feel better and/or relax), the best probiotic you can find (this is something you do not want to skimp on for price you need this), high fiber and protein in your diet and make sure to have chia seeds and ground flax seeds at times, good elimination of urine and bowel waste which may mean finding an herb or food that works to regulate your bowel movements, some people recommend colonics but that could be helpful or dangerous so if you can safely keep yourself regular without them pass it, but if you're desperate find a clean safe place and know what they use. There's tons of useful information online but you have to verify by checking honest sites (you'll learn after some research what is legit and what's backed by greedy or crazy people) and keep researching until you learn how to figure out what to search for and read at least some information that seems completely unrelated because it's highly possible you can benefit from it later or help someone else. You can find out the information you need free, just keep looking for it. Hope all goes well.

It sounds like you may be allergic to alcohol and having a reaction by itching and nail lines. You should stop drinking so you can live. God bless you in your journey through life.

have a lab test CEA/ carcinogenic antigens- if there is internal cancer, the antigens will show up first in the blood.

I have a black line in my thumb. Do I need to see a doctor

Hi, I have a similar problem!
I recently have noticed one greyish vertical line on my left hand index and middle finger, and one faintly on my right hand thumb. Have been to the doctor's twice, same Dr is seen each time and he says that it is nothing to worry about. However, they are getting darker and he has said that there is no point in being referred to a dermatologist. I am still worried though.

What do you think I should do?
Thanks

Hi did you find out what caused it, I know poison can cause a black line

Look up your Indian heritage. Most people that have a strong Indian heritage form black lines in their finger nails and toe nails around the age of 30. They are considered to be a mole or freckle that forms in the growth area of the nail bed. Then grows out with the nail. Harmless, but will never go away. Good news, for women you can polish over them. Bad news if they are in your toe nails they are very porous take in moisture and form fungus.

Hi, I'm a young girl, in middle school. I have little thin lines under my nails.I heard they are bad, and means im very ill. I am not overweight, have a nice balanced meal, and exercise. Why do I have these? Please help me, by giving me a response. I do not want to be unhealthy. What will happen to me? Please respond quickly.