i have gotten the same thing i do not know WHAT is going on but i am getting it too.

Yes, please get it checked out. After hearing bplppl's experience, I'm going to get mine checked as well. I know I'm replying a year after your post, and if you did get it checked out, please tell us how you made out.

i have the same thing on my fingernail and i went to see two dermatologists and said that i have nothing to worry about.

What was it

Not necessarily true that there's nothing nothing to about. This could be an indication of a systemic medical condition. Only a medical provider should make the determination of whether to worry or not.

Im having vertical black line on nail of index finger of both the hands and im been seeing these line for last 1 year and i never got hurt on the nail. Plz help me is it a melanoma or not

Black line in thumb

I have stripes on my nails too except they're a light brown. I've been doing research on them and it could be due to multiple reasons. I'd recommend that you go to your doctor or dermatologist about it because sometimes it could be cancerous. Keep an eye on it for colour and size changes too.

What if you're a teenager

you are awesome smurfette! thanks
crisis averted