Ever since I started taking Levothyroxine I've been feeling very bloated and gasy after I eat. I look like I'm six months pregnant and my clothes never fit right because of all the bloating.

I've asked my doctor if that was a side effect and he told me it shouldn't be but they don't always know because everyone's bodies are different. The only time I ever feel comfortable is when I fast which is not good but I'd rather not eat anything and feel good than eat something, even something very small, and feel very uncomfortable all day.
Please help!! Does anyone have these same symptoms from this drug?

IT IS BECAUSE THE DRUG CONTAINS TOO MUCH LACTOSE!!! I'M SWITCHING TO LEVOXYL

Dear Herr,
I have the same symptoms. I look like I am about 4 months pregnant. What can we do?

Me too, I just started taking that same medication two weeks ago ago and I look like I'm 3 months pregnant! Help!

I get the same thing as well!! It is so uncomfortable!

I am going to ask my doctor about trying the brand name, or to try a different brand/try a T3-T4 combo pill (generically called Liotrix). I will let you know if one of these things makes a difference for me.

yes Iam experiencing the same as you I feel horrible and feel like Iam going to have a heart attack with all the belches, also I take fosomax for osteopiroses tha they both make me ill I do not know if I should drop all these stuff,iam also taking prevecid for my stomach and has not done any good.it so emberesing in front of people to have those loud belches feel like I will explode.

Dora

I am on Levothyroxine and I am having severe gas and bloating and I still not felling well my Dr. said that the tsh is fine but to me that medication is not working I don't understand doctors if they are not sure about what to give patience to me maybe a combination of medication might work but when you haven on different thyroid medication and none of them work what a person can do help