I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and hernia repair a year and a half ago. Since surgery I have had gloating and distention in abdominal area. Mainly after I eat. lately it's been most of the day. it's very annoying and uncomfortable. Wondering if it's just the scar tissue built up and not letting fluid to drain properly. has anyone has this. Wondering if this will ever end or do we have to just live with this the rest of our lives. Any suggestions to help this

Hey Lucy,

its strange that you have those side effects so long after surgery. My cousin had it but not for so long, (she used heating pad with distention), for her everything was gone couple months after. Most common reasons for bloating can simply be a side effect of undergoing anesthesia or medication (especially Narcotic pain medications). Fennel tea helps, maybe it can help you. For the fluids only advice I can give you is movement and exercise, this accelerate the removal of fluid. Still, If bloating persists, you should contact your physician.

Hi Lucy, I am having the same problem. My full tummy tuck was 9 months ago. I had muscle tightening. I am soo bloated. My surgeon said he does not know why. My primary doctor ordered testing to be sure kidneys and liver etc. are ok. Ultrasound determined this. Then she ordered x-ray, showed extreme constipation. After fixing this with Muralax, the bloating is no better. Ive been bloated since surgery. Maybe even before and never noticed. How are you now. Any better? I hope you have seen improvement. Have you found any answers? Cathy

Have you all gotten any relief? I am 5 months post FTT and I am having the same issue, I wake up bloated and I am a small petite lady. I wish I made sure the surgeon never touched my muscles as I am having so many issues with that. After I eat each time it gets so much worse. I too have had multiple tests and no findings. Have your symptoms gotten better? Worse?