Hello, Okay let me give you a base and quick history then the problem. Im 33 years old, 5'7" and weigh about 176 lbs. Im stationed here overseas in Afghanistan in the Helmand Province, so no hospitals or clinics to visit. I have been overseas since March 7th 2008, in order to come here you have to be physically fit pretty much and have all the required shots. I took all the required tests and had no problems being accepted for deployment. My diet changed but only for the better, there's no fast food here, and chow hall food is always measured and cooked properly by the miltary cooks from both US & UK services.
With in the last couple of months Ive noticed blood in my stool. I have no pain just blood, at first it was just bright red and I just thought "damn I got hemerrhoids". Upon thinking I had hemerrhoids, I started to read about them and do some research. I see that people who have them are in pain, and the stories just dont match what I feel with the exception of the blood in the stool. I on the other hand have no pain. Today July 23rd 2008 Thursday I used the restroom and for the first time have seen blood clots and the blood is darker, but still no pain in the rectal area what so ever, but the blood is showing more than usual.
I still have some time left here in country and Im just a little worried knowing that I am not able to get the right attention or answers that I would like. I am not able to just go to the doctors and get a biopsy here, or have the propper diagnosis due to lack of resources during this time. I dont know how to list what Im feeling or think I have missed anything. Here is it again in a nut shell: 1) I have blood clots in stool 2) I feel no pain 3) The blood is darker now 4) The blood clots are about the size of a pencil eraser 5) I came here weighing 206 lbs and now am at 176 lbs.."but Im in Afghanistan and everyone loses weight here" 6) I have headaches every day "Once again Im in Afghanistan and its hot here, I stay hydrated but its still hot" 7) I exercise as much as possible 8) My diet has changed from the states to here, but for the better (proportioned chow)
Well thats about all I can think of, please if someone can let me know what it could be or if its normal let me know. I go home to the states in October, if theres someone I should see or type of doctor please tell me so I can make arrangements. Thank you

I have the same symptoms as you "exactly as you have described them" did you ever see a Doctor and find out what it was?

have the same problem with me too,plz doctors give us a hint
what it is?any why it is happening?

Go see a gastrointestinal doctor ASAP. It is possible you may have any number of causes. I had a benign tumor with similar symptoms. It had to be removed because of the bleeding.

Mr Ray,

I hope you can answer some of the same concerns I have because is happening to me "EXACTLY" as you describe it. Like you I'm also assigned to Afghanistan (Bagram AF) and this situation never happened before, I have been eating at the dinning facilities here in Bagram AFB, so I can say I have a well balance diet. I got here in August 2009 and first notice this on the last week of November 2009. For me is a hit and miss ... maybe like 2 other occasions in December (23rd and 24th) and this week already twice (Jan 6th and 8th)... At the begining I also thought it was hemorroids because I had a case like that back in 1997 but is not the same, now there is not swealling or discomfort.... just blod clots, the sized of a pencill eraser.
I hope you had resolve your situation and might be able to provide some advises base on your Doctor's visitations. I will go on vacation around the 8th Feb 2009 to USA , but right now am really concern.... its taking my sleep away, thinking at all times what could it be!
Thank you!

VS

I'm just a few years older than you and I had similar symptoms. After a CAT scan and a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with Ulceritive Colitis, which is a bowel disease in which your colon becomes inflamed, and your immune system is attacking your colon. It is treatable with meds, and you should treat it to avoid additional problems.

As others have said, it could also be a tumor or other things as well, so get it checked out.