I am a dedicated athlete and I take my workouts seriously. I put all the necessary effort and never let anything interfere with my training. I am worried since I have notice blood in urine after workout. I thought that it was something transient but it keeps appearing and disappearing on a regular basis. What do you think I should do?

If this hematuria (blood in urine) disappears within 24 to 48 hours after you stop exercising than you shouldn’t be too concerned. It usually comes from your bladder, especially if it is empty. Running can cause bladder walls to rub at each other and cumulative damage results in bruises bleeding into the urine. With long distance runs, kidneys can also let some blood flow into the urine. Well documented studies show that 20 to 90 percent of marathoners have some blood in the urine after a race. Just to be on the safe side, you should go and see your doctor about it.