What happens if you sign a safety contract with a therapis or psychiatrist and you break the contract? Can anything even happen?all it is, is a signed peice of paper isn't it?

well it depends on what the contract was for..... can you tell me more details?

The contract stated that I would not killmyself or TRY to until I went back to see the therapist that had me sign the contract and that I would not harm myself, but rather find other ways to deal with things and if i wasnt able to do that that i have to get out of the situation.

hey there.

so your tharapist made this contract? what situation are you suppose to remove yourself from if it becaomes too hard not to hurt yourself

i feel like more info is needed what is your situation and why would you want to hurt yourself? cant you schedual an appointment to see your therapist?

Yes she made the contract, and in the situation when I have the suicidal thoughts, and make out a plan, or the situation where I am stressed, dealing with extreme emotions, or if i am upset, I was suppose to call a friend, get out of my building, or be somewhere that i can not get hold of anything that can harm me. (im a cutter). I have been baker acted once from a failed OD, im being treated for "depression", but so far every medication has made things worse. I have an appointment with her tomorrow, but that is why I need to know what happens when a contract is broken.

hey there it depends o what the person who made the contract said. everyone has different consiquinces for breaking a contract. chances are it wont be anything severe. i take it you did break this contract but how will your therapist know? you mentioned you were a cutter? did you cut yourself and she will see the cuts?

Yes I did cut (over 50 of them). No she cant see them, but im a horrible lier, but im not too afraid of what she will say about that. i'm afraid because, I broke tho other part of the contract as well, only... I'm still here.

so you are saying you did try to killl yourself then but u were lucky and were unsucessfull? what did you do? there is so much more to life and while things can get really hard someitms and almost seem endless. there is always hope and people who care and love us. Remember  suicide is a permanate solution to a temporary problem.

Yup, sounds about right. Tried to OD again. Another failure. And yeah, there is more to life and i see it and would LOVE to be part of everything i see, but it means nothing when you cant enjoy it. Im tired of living everyday in so much pain, slowly getting worse and worse muscle spasms, weakness, and loss, getting no answers to why i have whatever it is i have(no names either), and getting ignored by almost every doctor i do go see. One thing after another hits me in the face, and I used to go to bed sometimes wondering if i was going to die while i slept, cuz there are many days where i feel like whatever i have is finally going to kill me and no one will ever know why. Thus, suicide is a permanent solution to what I see as a permanant and unanswered problem. Im sorry that this message is such a negative one, and maybe it is because I am just having the worst week possible, but to be honest, I dont want to wake up later on today either because I cant deal with my arms locking up and the spasming muscles and falling or whatever else is going to come my way. I signed another contract today, but I dont know wether i will hold up to this one. I just dont know.

well i helped this lady who was suffering from neuromuscular symptoms for 20 years. finally helped her to and thigured out she had advanced stage lymes disease as well as a mitochondrial disorder. both diseases arew EXTREAMLY hard to detect in their advanced stages.  and the latter disease is very very rare which is why no one was able do diagnose her sooner. 

perhaps you hve something simmilar. please try to have hope and hold off where there is a will there is a way. perhaps we can figure this out.......

There are many people who think I have MS, but Doctors here in Florida wont test or treat me for is because of my age(they wont havnt gotten other answers either). I am going to be going up to maryland to go to John Hopkins to see if we cant get an answer there, as well as get a genetic test to see which form of Ehlers-danlos I have. Neuromuscular is a term I am often hearing doctors talk about when addressing my case. Are you a doctor? and where and what do u practice?

As far as personal safety contracts go, they aren't legally binding...in reality it is more of a piece of signed paper that makes the doctor feel better about not admitting you to a hospital. No legal action can be taken if you break the contract...

If you break the contract the counselor/therapist is required by law to report that you are presenting with suicidal ideations, attempts, or an actual plan. Most of the time, you will be contacted by the mental health department and law and be transferred to a mental health facility where you will be put on suicide watch for a minimum of 72 hours and possibly medications.