im 14 and in the past three years ive been trying to committ suiside.... ive done things from holding a knife to my truough , lighting myself on fire, jumping out my window, and just recently ive just started cutting myself.. ive lost friends, relationships, and my life..... i feel trapped and alone and feel like no 1 cares... im in pain and need help.....im afraid to ask for help but it hurts more and more each day and i just want to be normal ....this is not a joke but me.. a 14 yr old girl in a lot of pain and need help

Well, first dear, you need to know that there are people who care about you...I promise. It may not seem like it, but if you were to die, someone in your life would miss you.

Are you in school? You should try talking to the school counselor. He/she can help you...I promise. Or you could try talking to a really good teacher/adult friend. I'll listen to you as well.

There's a reason why you are trying to commit suicide. Is there anything else going on besides your lonely feeling? Are you not liked by the girls and boys at school? Do you want a boyfriend and none of them seem to like you? Are you overweight? I know these are personal questions, but this is going to help me get to the bottom of your problem.

I know how you feel. I became very suicidal in high school. My reason was I wasn't fitting in and I was trying to hide being gay from everyone--especially my mom, but she is totally in love with my current girlfriend.

I really do want to help you, so please post back on this bulletin and I will check it daily.

Your Friend,
LinZ

Oh man! I can totally relate! When I was your age I was suicidal too! I would make the move to throw myself out of the car on the freeway, jump from high areas (tried but didn't), hurt myself (cutting/beating/punching), and so forth. My doctor put me on Prozac, an anti-depression drug, when I was probably 14 or so. Another one I went on, in addition to Prozac, was Wellbutrin. I started that when I was 17 or so.

Another thing I taught myself over the years is that there's always tomorrow. Big Freaking Deal if someone pisses you off, if that's the case, and makes you upset. They're an ass. I guess what I'm trying to say is that coping with life is what you need to do...what we all need to do. I could go on and on about this stuff, but I'll probably bore you.

Anyways life sucks sometimes, sometimes more often for other, but you gotta remember. There's always tomorrow! And you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help! How do you think I got my Prozac and Wellbutrin (a.k.a. Happy pills)? Asking for help will release a lot, and I mean a lot, of the pain. Talking to someone or a therapist REALLY helps. By letting out your emotions and talking to them makes me feel much better (it works, really).

I myself feel 100% Unnormal. One example is, I am so anti-social because, I never know what/how to/or react to what people say, except on the Internet were I can think about/fix my mistakes (Thank god for editing). Also I like being anti-social, as this means more free time to do what I want, when I want, and no stress from friends. When you think about it, with all the people out there being "Normal" that makes you unique; one of a kind and something important, better than normal. (hope I used that semicolon right, probably not, oh well)

Again I don't mean to go on and on because, I know you will have to read this and I myself hate reading. But again remember this, there's always the day after today tomorrow (no I wasn't brain washed from the doctor to think this). I'll be waiting for your responds... =D

i keep cutting. i cant stop. every time i cut it feels like im being released from the pressure. i try and every time this get better something happens to make things worse. i feel like people are going to abandon me. like im going to be left behind. cutting feels like the only thing i can control.i cant tell my mother. she thinks i stopped. i cant tell my best friend because i know she wouldnt understand. i dont know how to stop. its getting worse.

Medicine and Doctors can help. God has given them great knowledge because of their dedication to learn more about people. I think the most important thing to remember when you feel like ending everything is things don't have to end that way. If there is one thing for sure in life it is that everything is changing. The way something seems today may be different given time. What we go through we learn from and what we learn is up to us what we do. Don't focus on the problem instead focus on what a difference you can make. And always remember God will never allow you more then what you can handle. And when you think no one can help God is always there to help. Just reach out and call to God. You can talk with God at any time, but don't be afraid to seek help. There is always someone that is willing to help.

I know how Sheila Clark says "Talk to God" and all but sometimes thinking or talking/expressing your problems to yourself helps. I know sometimes, well 2/3's of the time, it seems people don't understand. For instance my mother. I feel as if she doesn't understand or knows what/how I may feel and when I tell her, bless her heart she tries, but it isn't the response I want to hear or a programed response. Your parents, as much as they love you, sometimes don't know what to do anymore and say, what I think, a programmed response.

They hate seeing their child, you, go through this and again say things in hopes to make you feel better. This is how I feel with them at times. Also talk to a shrink/therapist. It helps to talk to someone who listens to what you want to say. Back with Sheila's statement about god. Though I'm not really religious it does help for me to talk/think/express my problems out loud.

Release... Rather than contain for you may burst - quoted by me :-)

Medicine, though you may not notice any affects right away, but after awhile you find yourself forgetting about being depressed. Though you may have a drop once and a while you'll bounce back.

One of my favorite quotes is "Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem."

Also find a hobby. I have friends and as much as I like em I rather be working on my hobbies or my truck than hanging out.

We're here, we're listening. Though we may not response quickly, we will and will listen/read. So like talking out loud, type. Tell us your problems and leave them here NOT in you head.

i'm in the same boat as you. i think everyone has thought about it and some follow through others don't. i am very upset with the choice i made.. instead of hurting myself physically i found a person who cared about me a lot and he helped out a ton but then as our friendship grew things happened. We have known each other and i did not think he cared at all but he did and well we had sex and it has really only made things worse... i hate the fact that i did that and at the time i really wanted a baby because i figured it would be someone who would love me.. well i think i may have gotten pregnant and then i had a miscarriage i think... well now im kinda in more of a depression state then i was before.. so try to find someone you can talk to but don't let them convince you to do anything that will only make you hurt worse... good luck and know that i am here for you

i know how it feels, you feel so alone, like theres nothing left to live for, but you just have to hold on, it will get better